- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple or orange juice, optional
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup granulated or packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Brush ribs with soy sauce. Combine oregano, onion powder and garlic powder; rub over both sides of ribs. Transfer to a large shallow roasting pan; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°. Add lemon-lime soda and juice, if desired, to roasting pan (do not pour over ribs). Bake, covered, until tender, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, make barbecue sauce by dissolving sugar in hot water; combine with remaining ingredients, thinning with additional lemon-lime soda or juice if necessary. Reserve 1 cup for serving.
- Remove ribs from oven; discard juices. Brush both sides with barbecue sauce. Grill ribs, covered, on a greased grill rack over low direct heat, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce, until heated through, about 10 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forJim's Secret Family Recipe Ribs
"This was my first time making ribs and even though I "messed up" (bought spareribs and only marinaded for four hours instead of overnight) they turned out fantastic. Can't wait to make them again the right way!"
"My family thought they were the best ribs they ever had! Great recipe and definetly a keeper!"
"Geez THE WHOLE 4th GRADE LOVED IT! A True Winner"
"These ribs are so good! The meat falls off the bone, just the way I like them!"
"Big Bold flavor! The meat just falls right off the bone and melts into your mouth. A crowd pleaser for sure!"