- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple or orange juice, optional
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup granulated or packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Brush ribs with soy sauce. Combine oregano, onion powder and garlic powder; rub over both sides of ribs. Transfer to a large shallow roasting pan; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°. Add lemon-lime soda and juice, if desired, to roasting pan (do not pour over ribs). Bake, covered, until tender, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, make barbecue sauce by dissolving sugar in hot water; combine with remaining ingredients, thinning with additional lemon-lime soda or juice if necessary. Reserve 1 cup for serving.
- Remove ribs from oven; discard juices. Brush both sides with barbecue sauce. Grill ribs, covered, on a greased grill rack over low direct heat, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce, until heated through, about 10 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forJim's Secret Family Recipe Ribs
"My family thought they were the best ribs they ever had! Great recipe and definetly a keeper!"
"Geez THE WHOLE 4th GRADE LOVED IT! A True Winner"
"These ribs are so good! The meat falls off the bone, just the way I like them!"
"Big Bold flavor! The meat just falls right off the bone and melts into your mouth. A crowd pleaser for sure!"