Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup Red Hots, crushed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups cold unsweetened applesauce
- Finely chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- Add boiling water and crushed Red Hots to gelatin. Stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve gelatin and candy. Stir in cold applesauce. Pour into individual serving glasses or an 8-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. If desired, serve with finely chopped strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 130 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2017
This was simple to put together and had a pleasant cinnamon taste. I topped each serving with whipped cream and fresh blueberries for a red, white and blue Memorial Day dessert. Family and guests enjoyed it!