My cousin Dave brings this to our annual family cookout. If you can't find Red Hots, grab a jar of cinnamon applesauce instead. —Josh Hoppert, Cudahy, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup Red Hots, crushed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups cold unsweetened applesauce
- Finely chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- Add boiling water and crushed Red Hots to gelatin. Stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve gelatin and candy. Stir in cold applesauce. Pour into individual serving glasses or an 8-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. If desired, serve with finely chopped strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 130 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 6, 2017
This was simple to put together and had a pleasant cinnamon taste. I topped each serving with whipped cream and fresh blueberries for a red, white and blue Memorial Day dessert. Family and guests enjoyed it!