- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup Red Hots, crushed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups cold unsweetened applesauce
- Finely chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- Add boiling water and crushed Red Hots to gelatin. Stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve gelatin and candy. Stir in cold applesauce. Pour into individual serving glasses or an 8-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. If desired, serve with finely chopped strawberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forJiggly Applesauce
"This was simple to put together and had a pleasant cinnamon taste. I topped each serving with whipped cream and fresh blueberries for a red, white and blue Memorial Day dessert. Family and guests enjoyed it!"