Jiffy Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, water, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil; add the rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 278 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Jiffy Jambalaya
"I cut this recipe in half for just the two of us. Works great!Very good one dish recipe."