Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (9 ounces) white or yellow cake mix
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, salt and warm water; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 6-8 minutes. Roll dough into an 18x9-in. rectangle. Spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough jelly-roll style, starting with the long end. Slice the roll into 1-in. circles; place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes. Frost if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 18, 2015
I have made this recipe for so many years. I love the sweetness that the cake mix adds and it also helps to keep the rolls softer and more moist! This is a winning recipe!
Jul 10, 2014
These were pretty good and they certainly satisfied my pregnancy craving for cinnamon rolls, but my husband, brother and I could tell they were made from a cake mix rather than from scratch. By that I mean there was a much more subtle taste and the rolls were a little more dense. Overall though, good!
Nov 1, 2013
So quick and so easy!!! And delicious too! Great recipe!!!
Apr 18, 2012
Im making these for my moms birthday breakfast tomorrow,will tweak them a little though to better suit her tastes-coffee flavored:)
Aug 28, 2011
I wanted a quick cinnamon roll recipe that I could make and take for our Sunday School Class. Decided to give this a try and they were fabulous! Only adjustment I may make is to use warmed milk rather than water next time. But I see lots of these rolls in my family's future!
Feb 26, 2010
I have made these cinnamon rolls SO many times and have never been disappointed in the results. I have been asked many times if I take orders for them! My family loves them, and they are so easy to make I never say no when my 9 year old asks for them on a Saturday morning.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.