Jicama Slaw with Peanuts
Peanuts add interest and crunch to a crisp coleslaw featuring jicama and tangerines. For a creamy dressing, I sometimes stir in two heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise or yogurt.—Donna Noel, Gray, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium jicama, julienned
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in tangerines and cilantro. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in peanuts.