- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- CHILI PEPPER DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, jicama, tomatoes and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, sour cream, garlic, oregano, cumin and hot sauce; stir in chilies. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forJicama Romaine Salad
"This was a delicious Mexican twist on a lettuce salad. I paired it with chipotle turkey burgers, and it was the perfect complement between the hot juicy burgers and the cool crispy salad. I used full-fat mayo and sour cream for full flavored taste, and to help cool down the heat from the chipotle peppers. I also added sliced radishes, a squeeze of lime juice, and skipped the green chilies because I wanted the salad to be made up of all fresh ingredients. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe!"