Jicama-Radish Spinach Salad
Jicama is a legume that grows underground as a tuber. Because it has a sweet flavor and a moist but crisp texture, it makes a nice addition to salads.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups julienned jicama
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, jicama, onion and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, honey, oil and mustard. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Jicama, Radish and Spinach Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.