Jicama Cucumber Salad
Cool as a cuke and crunchy with jicama, this summery salad dressed with a splash of lime juice is a favorite with Debi Williams of Westminster, Colorado. “It’s especially great as a side with all kinds of Mexican foods,” she says.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the jicama, cucumber, onion and chilies. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over jicama mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 96 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Jicama-Cucumber Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.