Jeweled Sherbet Mold
Besides being a colorful addition to any holiday buffet, this dessert keeps well and is deliciously different.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pint lime sherbet, softened
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. metal or glass bowl with plastic wrap or foil. Pack lime sherbet onto the bottom of the bowl; smooth top. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine lemon sherbet, pineapple, candied fruit and extract if desired. Spoon over lime sherbet; smooth top. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Uncover and invert on a round serving platter. Remove bowl and plastic wrap; smooth sides. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 85 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Jeweled Sherbet Mold in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.