Jeweled Sherbet Mold
Besides being a colorful addition to any holiday buffet, this dessert keeps well and is deliciously different.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pint lime sherbet, softened
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. metal or glass bowl with plastic wrap or foil. Pack lime sherbet onto the bottom of the bowl; smooth top. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine lemon sherbet, pineapple, candied fruit and extract if desired. Spoon over lime sherbet; smooth top. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Uncover and invert on a round serving platter. Remove bowl and plastic wrap; smooth sides. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 85 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Jeweled Sherbet Mold in Country Woman Christmas 2003