Jeweled Plum Tartlets Recipe
I developed these as a way to enjoy the seasonal plums in Michigan, shares Nicole Filizetti of Jacksonville, Florida. The red plums shine like jewels in creamy custard when they emerge from the oven.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 medium plums, sliced
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until set.
- 2. Arrange plum slices in crusts. In another bowl, combine the egg yolk, milk, 2 teaspoons brown sugar and remaining flour. Spoon over plums; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 459 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Jeweled Plum Tartlets
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC