Jeweled Cookies Recipe
- 1 pound butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins, nuts, cherries and pineapple; mix well. Shape into 2-in. rolls; wrap in waxed paper or foil. Freeze at least 2 hours.
- 2. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 12-14 dozen.
2 each: 136 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Jeweled Cookies
"Very festive. I soaked the raisins in Armaretto which I always do when using raisins. Next time I will probably use almond extract as well."