Jeweled Coconut Crisps
When I anticipate a busy day during the holiday season, I make this cookie dough the night before. The next day, I just slice and bake. —Eileen Milacek, Waukomis, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Shape into two 8-in. logs. Sprinkle the coconut over waxed paper; place each log on waxed paper and roll in coconut. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 152 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Jeweled Coconut Crisps in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.