Jeweled Coconut Crisps
When I anticipate a busy day during the holiday season, I make this cookie dough the night before. The next day, I just slice and bake. —Eileen Milacek, Waukomis, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Shape into two 8-in. logs. Sprinkle the coconut over waxed paper; place each log on waxed paper and roll in coconut. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 152 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Jeweled Coconut Crisps in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002