Jeweled Coconut Cookies
I often bake these bite-sized cookies with two flavors of preserves for special occasions.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup each apricot and peach preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white. Place coconut in another bowl. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in egg white and coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake at 325° for 19-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of preserves into each warm cookie. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.