- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1-1/2 cups halved green and red candied cherries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat egg. Add salt and remaining brown sugar. Stir in the nuts, cherries and chocolate chips. Spoon evenly over crust. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forJewel Nut Bars
"These are fantastic! I omit the cherries and use dark chocolate chips instead."
"I made those bars tonight... They taste amazing and they even looked better than the the picture on the site"
"I make these every Chritmas, love them! easy too!"
"Make these every Christmas.... love them!"
"I have been making this recipe for year. It's so delicious & a perfect combination of sweet & salty. It also looks fantastic."