VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups each Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Wheat Chex
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Beer Nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (4 ounces) beef jerky
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and nuts. In a small bowl, combine butter and taco seasoning. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in beef jerky. Cool completely, stirring several times. Yield: about 13 cups.
Originally published as Jerky Party Mix in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p25