Jerky Party Mix
Talk about a popular gift! Our friends get such a kick out of this spicy twist on an old party-mix favorite, they ask for it at Christmas, New Year's and even the Fourth of July.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makesabout 13 cups
- 4 cups each Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Wheat Chex
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Beer Nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (4 ounces) beef jerky
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and nuts. In a small bowl, combine butter and taco seasoning. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in beef jerky. Cool completely, stirring several times.
Originally published as Jerky Party Mix in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.