Jerk Pork & Pineapple Kabobs Recipe
- 2 bunches green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first 17 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, pineapple and peppers. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 235 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 988mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Jerk Pork & Pineapple Kabobs
"My husband and I absolutely love this recipe. Due to a few minor issues, we used bow-tie noodles instead of rice and poured everything into a pan on the stove-top. It turned out so good, that everyone asked for the recipe!!"