- 1 can (15.25 ounces) mixed tropical fruit
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-1/2-in. strips
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (green portion only)
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- Lime wedges
- Drain mixed fruit, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Chop fruit.
- Toss chicken with jerk seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, saute peppers and green onions in drippings 2 minutes. Add broth, 1 tablespoon cilantro, lime juice, salt, reserved syrup and chopped fruit; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous; reduce heat to low. Place chicken on top; cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed and chicken is heated through, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forJerk Chicken with Tropical Couscous
"Really tasty, and great for summer in the hot, muggy Midwest. It's good either hot or cold. I love it exactly as written, though I leave out the jalapeno to reduce the heat when I make it for my family."
"My husband really enjoyed this dish. I used mangoes instead of the tropical fruit mix and it worked very well."