- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold white grape juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Champagne or club soda
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup cold grape juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining grape juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer gelatin mixture to a large bowl. Slowly stir in champagne. Pour half of the mixture into eight champagne or parfait glasses. Add one strawberry to each glass. Chill glasses and remaining gelatin mixture until almost set, about 1 hour.
- Place the reserved gelatin mixture in a blender; cover and process until foamy. Pour into glasses. Chill for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forJellied Champagne Dessert
"Sorry, this isn't a review as I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering, couldn't you use all champagne instead of part grape juice and part champagne? Can someone tell me if it would still turn out ok? TIA!"
"This was an interesting dessert. My final product didn't quite have the "bubbly" quality I was hoping for, and it didn't set up very solid. I loved the foam on top, and thought it was very pretty. I'll try it again, maybe adding more gelatin."
"Came out great! Can't wait to make this again!"
"Tasted good, looked fantastic"
"I thought this was soo cute but it failed! I had to multiply it by 5 for a youth group event on New Years Eve, but it never set up. Some of the kids drank it anyway, since it was sweet, but I was soo dissappointed. Any suggestions?"
"This is a very easy item to make. Our entire family loves it, including the kids and it is a safe way for the kids to celebrate New Years Eve without alcohol (or very little if using champagne)."
"My grandkids LOVED this! We enjoyed it together on New Year's Day. We ended up making it twice more that weekend! Used frozen strawberry's and 7-up...worked out great. The last batch we used canned peaches and that was good also."
"It was refreshing and looked elegant."
"I first tried it out for my son's wedding - everyone thought it was tasty and clever. It definitely added to the party atmosphere."