Jeff’s Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in gravy mix and seasonings; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in potatoes and cheese. Cook and stir until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 265 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 16, 2012
I used a good sharp cheddar instead of "process" American.
Dec 16, 2012
Using leftover potatoes makes this soup so quick to make! It definitely has a distinctive flavor that's not your typical potato soup, and we really enjoyed it.
Jun 21, 2011
I've been making this soup since I first saw the recipe in a magazine. The flavor is absolutely excellent!!
Feb 14, 2011
This is a winter staple in my meal plans. It is super easy to make. Somtimes when we are having baked potatoes, I will make a few extra, scoop out the potato filling for this soup and use the skins the next night for yummy stuffed potato skins.