Jeff’s Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in gravy mix and seasonings; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in potatoes and cheese. Cook and stir until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 265 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 16, 2012
I used a good sharp cheddar instead of "process" American.
Dec 16, 2012
Using leftover potatoes makes this soup so quick to make! It definitely has a distinctive flavor that's not your typical potato soup, and we really enjoyed it.
Jun 21, 2011
I've been making this soup since I first saw the recipe in a magazine. The flavor is absolutely excellent!!
Feb 14, 2011
This is a winter staple in my meal plans. It is super easy to make. Somtimes when we are having baked potatoes, I will make a few extra, scoop out the potato filling for this soup and use the skins the next night for yummy stuffed potato skins.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.