Jazzy Spaghetti Sauce
Artichoke hearts and bacon give a simple meat sauce new dimensions. It's quick to fix, but if you're short on time, cook the beef mixture ahead. Reheat with sauce and artichokes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and artichoke hearts. Heat through. Sprinkle with bacon and serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without linguine): 393 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Garlic and Herb Pasta in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.