Jazzy Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; set aside cheese packet. Cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Add tomatoes and butter; mix until butter is melted. Add the reserved cheese packet; mix well. Remove from heat; stir in the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 384 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Sep 30, 2011
This recipe didn't taste bad but I can't say I enjoyed it much. It was very easy to make and my 6 year-old son loved helping me make it.
Nov 9, 2010
Very tasty. A nice change from ordinary mac & cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.