Jazzy Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Adding Parmesan and mozzarella to already cheesy macaroni will have your clan clamoring for this tried-and-true pasta dish. Diced tomatoes and chilies add color and zip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; set aside cheese packet. Cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Add tomatoes and butter; mix until butter is melted. Add the reserved cheese packet; mix well. Remove from heat; stir in the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 384 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Jazzy Mac 'n' Cheese in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar
Sep 30, 2011
This recipe didn't taste bad but I can't say I enjoyed it much. It was very easy to make and my 6 year-old son loved helping me make it.
Nov 9, 2010
Very tasty. A nice change from ordinary mac & cheese.