Store-bought French toast sticks are spread with strawberry cream cheese to make this fast breakfast fare. Anna Free of Bradner, Ohio serves the “stuffed” French toast with a citrusy fruit puree instead of regular syrup.
Recommended: 13 Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 12 French toast sticks
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mixed fruit
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Spread cream cheese over six French toast sticks, about 1 tablespoon on each; top with remaining sticks. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine mixed fruit and orange juice; cover and process until smooth. Serve with French toast sticks. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Jazzed-Up French Toast Sticks in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p26