Java Cream Drops
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine coffee granules and cream; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and reserved coffee mixture. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. To one portion, add cocoa and walnuts. Stir chocolate chips into remaining dough.
- To form cookies, place 1 teaspoon of each dough on an ungreased baking sheet; lightly press doughs together. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining doughs. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 78 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 20, 2011
One of my favorite recipes to make. I double the coffee granules to give it a richer coffee flavor.
Jun 2, 2009
These cookies were so easy to make and bake. My family loved them. I will make these often. i didn't have 1/2 and !/2, so I used milk. They still turned out though.
Apr 15, 2009
Thanks roberta810 - your comment was exactly what I was looking for!! Can't wait to bake these.
Dec 8, 2008
I couldn't taste the coffee in these.
Dec 7, 2008
i am so glad to find this online- I said the same thing-what remaining cream!!! Off to bake!
Dec 2, 2008
In the magazine it says to "one portion, add the cocoa and walnuts and remaining CREAM" to half the dough. What remaining cream?! Thank goodness for the online version that says remaining FLOUR. Back to kitchen...