Jasmine Rice & Quinoa Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until tender. Add rice and quinoa; stir to coat. Stir in broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 193 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 6, 2017
Excellent recipe. Left out broccoli because of allergy so added extra carrot. Otherwise made as written-YUM. Easily 5 star and will make again. Thanks for the great recipe.
Mar 5, 2013
I doubled the recipe and added some cooked chicken and egg at the end to make it more of a stir-fry. My mother raved about it and begged me to give her the recipe!