Jasmine Ice Cream with Plum Sauce
Velvety smooth, this ice cream has a delicate floral note reminiscent of jasmine blossoms. The plum sauce adds subtle tartness and rich color to the dessert. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
Makes1 quart (1 cup sauce)
- 1 tablespoon loose-leaf jasmine tea
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) plums, pitted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place tea in a 1-cup glass measuring cup. Add boiling water; steep 4-6 minutes according to taste. Strain tea, discarding tea leaves. Cool to room temperature.
- Drain plums, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Place plums, basil, vanilla and reserved syrup in a food processor; process until smooth. Press plum mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a small bowl; discard pulp. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; stir in tea until blended. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Serve with sauce. If desired, top with basil leaves.
Originally published as Jasmine Ice Cream with Plum Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.