Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the kielbasa, tomatoes, broth, green pepper and onion; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, salt if desired and hot pepper sauce. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 311 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 11, 2016
I have been making this meal for a long time! Love it! I have been adding about 2 cups of cubed ham that I froze from leftover holiday ham.
Mar 7, 2011
This is an excellent jambalaya recipe. I added the onions, pepper and sausage to the partially cooked chicken to brown them all for more flavor and color and then added the broth and tomatoes. Delicious!!
Jun 1, 2010
Quick and tasty. I use new orleans style sausage or hot beef links to spice it up
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.