- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Combine the first 10 ingredients. Divide into three equal batches; store in airtight containers in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 3 batches (3-1/3 cups total).
- To prepare jambalaya: In a small saucepan, bring water and green pepper to a boil. Stir in 1 cup jambalaya mix; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, 18-20 minutes.
- In another saucepan, heat tomato sauce and sausage. Cook shrimp in boiling water until pink; drain. Stir into sausage mixture. Serve with rice mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forJambalaya Mix
"I just read the review from "crankysad", and she said she cooks it all in one pot, I was wondering how she did, how long and what she did exactly, would love to make this but can`t afford to go wrong."
"I got this gift recipe in a Jar for Christmas. We love it. We cook it as a one pot meal (takes 25 minutes and feeds the family) and we use italian sausage instead but it is great. Super quick and very tasty. When I run out of mix, I quickly make another batch. It's turning into a "Go To" staple for dinner. **If feeding kids, leave out cayenne and play with it. My kids can't handle spicy foods.**"