- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread mayonnaise over fillets; sprinkle with jerk seasoning.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan, combine sour cream, cream of coconut, lime peel and juice; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended.
- Drizzle fillets with sauce; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forJamaican Salmon with Coconut Cream Sauce
"OMG loooove Caribbean food!!! Love it!"
"This was fantastic! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us; other than that I followed it exactly. We liked how all of the different flavors complemented each other. We will definitely be enjoying this dish on a regular basis."
"This is truly one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten.Just before Thanksgiving, and knowing we would be eating a lot of turkey, I was looking for recipes with fish and beef, but I also wanted things that were easy to prepare. When this recipe came up in my search, I was surprised because by the title name sounded rather complicated. It's not. It's easy as pie (well, a lot easier than pie, lol) and yet it's the type of meal that makes it seem you've been slaving away for hours.Every element of this recipe was great. One thing I'll mention, I had never used Cream of Coconut before and had a bit of trouble locating it in the grocery store. It's with the cocktail mixers. I expected the jerk seasoning to be a dry herb seasoning, but in fact the one I chose was a spread. Also, delicious. In fact, I believe this recipe would be wonderful even without the Coconut Lime sauce - but don't skip it! It really takes it to a whole new level.Joni, I can't thank you enough for sharing this incredibly delicious (and easy to prepare!) recipe. I hope you'll share others, as well. Merry Christmas!"
"Very tasty! We're always on the lookout for a new salmon recipe, & this one will be added to the rotation. I made a few changes to lighten the sauce. Next time around, I'll be making less sauce (even though it's mighty tasty), since it made a generous amount that wasn't all eaten."