- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 thick slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple syrup, optional
- spread cream cheese on one slice of bread. Spread jam on the other slice; place jam side down over the cream cheese. In a shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip both sides of bread into egg.
- In a skillet, melt butter; cook bread for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forJam 'n' Cream French Toast
"This is a delicious recipe! I made it with blackberry jam and used regular cinnamon bread--no raisins. My family loved it!"
"This is an awesome recipe. I serve it often when I have overnight guests and have received nothing but rave reviews!"