Jalapenos with Olive-Cream Filling
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- 16 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, olives and olive juice. Spoon about 2 teaspoons into each jalapeno half. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 58 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 13, 2013
With what's given they are ok, an easy way to modify is to add parmesan cheese, and chili powder (never enough), and GRILL them, they are wonderful!! My dad requests these every fathers day, and any grilling day!
Jun 11, 2013
I wrap a piece of bacon around it and grill it. You can also bake it or sear in a pan.
Jan 2, 2013
I thought this was only so-so. I took this to a New Year's Day party and they were barely touched. Maybe they would be better baked.
Aug 11, 2010
They were very delicious but this having been my first time dealing with jalapenos, I didn't read your warning on gloves and ended up with burns! haha. Next time, I'll know! :)