Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, diced
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and salt. Stir in jalapenos. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over filling and press to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 62 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2014
do you think they could be made ahead of time?
Feb 7, 2012
These are excellent.I made them for our super bowl party and everyone raved over them.Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Dec 25, 2009
I love these and have made them several times...didn't change a thing. Thanks!