Jalapeno Sausage Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 each medium sweet red and green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Stir in 1 cup cheese and jalapenos. Pat dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine taco seasoning and tomato sauce; spread over crust. Top with the peppers, onions, sausage and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Combine sour cream and ranch dressing; drizzle over pizza. Sprinkle with lettuce, tomato and olives.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Feb 9, 2015
this is absolutely delicious!! i used more meat since it calls for so little and sauteed the peppers and onions before putting on pizza. it doesnt need quite that much sourcream and ranch dressing and i omitted the olives since we dont like them... but its a great pizza!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.