Jalapeno Sausage Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 each medium sweet red and green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Stir in 1 cup cheese and jalapenos. Pat dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine taco seasoning and tomato sauce; spread over crust. Top with the peppers, onions, sausage and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Combine sour cream and ranch dressing; drizzle over pizza. Sprinkle with lettuce, tomato and olives.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 9, 2015
this is absolutely delicious!! i used more meat since it calls for so little and sauteed the peppers and onions before putting on pizza. it doesnt need quite that much sourcream and ranch dressing and i omitted the olives since we dont like them... but its a great pizza!