Jalapeno Salsa Potatoes
This lively dish is a way for my family to eat salsa, which we all enjoy, without tortilla chips.—Kim Lintner, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut widthwise into thirds
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 12 slices process American cheese
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, cut into 12 rings and seeded
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Drain and place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with salsa, onion, cheese and jalapeno. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 338 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Jalapeno Salsa Potatoes in Casserole Cookbook