Jalapeno Salsa Potatoes
This lively dish is a way for my family to eat salsa, which we all enjoy, without tortilla chips.—Kim Lintner, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut widthwise into thirds
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 12 slices process American cheese
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, cut into 12 rings and seeded
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Drain and place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with salsa, onion, cheese and jalapeno. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 338 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Jalapeno Salsa Potatoes in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.