- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Sweet red and yellow pepper pieces and corn chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended; spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with peppers and chips. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forJalapeno Popper Spread
"I use mixed Mexican cheese, leave off the parmesan, panko and use it in the crock pot - wonderful!!"
"Made this today for a family gathering. Huge hit. Everyone LOVED it and it's simple to put together. I added a bit more cheese and diced jalapenos and it was perfect. Great party appetizer ~ will definitely make again! Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"Made this for a party and it was devoured in minutes! I made it with pepper jack cheese and it was way too spicy for me, but everyone else loved it."
"Have made this exact recipe for many years and it's always a hit at parties.@djmcclimon ~ Did you use a good mayonnaise? Only once did I use an off brand instead of Best Foods and ended up with tons of grease on top of the dish. Never did that again. :) I also think not using a good cheese will cause some grease.@Juliana190 ~ I think the mayo is a big part of the excellent flavor this dish has. It adds to the creaminess as well. Otherwise you would just have cream cheese with peppers and a bit of cheese. :)"
"This is so good BUT also so high in fat calories. I only take it to large gatherings where no one person is likely to get an overdose of fat for the day. There was absolutely no grease. Maybe you choice of cheese brand??? I did use pepper jack monterey jack cheese. Otherwise as written."
"Made as directed and came home with an empty dish and requests for recipe. A keeper for sure and what's more easy to prepare. There was no grease. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for this great appetizer!"
"Made as directed, and it was a huge hit. I'm not sure what the purpose of the mayo was?"
"Made this exactly as directed and was very good but had a lot of grease in pie plate. Can't determine where it came from. Not sure I would make this again because of this. Any suggestions?"
"Yummy. I add real bacon lardons (crisp) to the top of the dip. Really makes it taste like the poppers we make."