Jalapeno Popper Mega Burgers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, 1/4 cup jalapenos, lime juice and garlic; set aside.
- Shape beef into eight patties. In another bowl, combine the cheeses and remaining jalapenos. Spoon onto the center of four patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal; sprinkle burgers with steak seasoning.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on rolls with lettuce leaves and avocado mixture.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 846 calories, 50g fat (21g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 1292mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 57g protein.
Jul 22, 2011
I would have given it 5 stars, for the taste was great, but the burgers fell apart on the grill. I would still make it again, but maybe warm the filling and top the burgers with it instead?
Jul 18, 2011
OMG! These were really amazing! Will definitely be making these often!
Jun 25, 2011
Awesome burgers. Didn't even need a bun.