Jalapeno Popper Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 8 ears), cooked and cooled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- Grill onion and jalapenos, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred. Cool completely; chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine the next nine ingredients. Stir in corn, cheeses, half the bacon, and the grilled vegetables. Top with remaining bacon to serve.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 476 calories, 40g fat (14g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2018
Very good salad! Although it takes a bit of time to prepare, it is worth it. This salad is creamy and very flavorful. My family likes less heat, so next time I make this I will not incorporate the jalapeño seeds into the salad. This salad gets better and hotter as it chills.
Jul 5, 2018
While the recipe has a lot of different components that need to be cooked separately, when they are all put together it is a delicious summer salad to go along with something grilled.
Jun 27, 2018
I broiled the onion and pepper because I didn't want to be outside grilling in 103 degree heat. haha I enjoyed it because it was something different for a side. While everyone ate it and some even had seconds, I'm not sure they will say, "Hey, Mom! Can you make more of that corn salad we had?" I know they won't complain if they find it on the table though. Super easy to whip together. I did heed someone's advice to let it chill a few hours before serving.
Jun 12, 2018
Very good salad!! Will definitely makes this again. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor, TOH
Jun 12, 2018
This is AWESOME. I didn't grill the corn, but I did throw it under the broiler just to brown it up a little.
May 21, 2018
Very delicious. The flavors meld very nicely. I'd recommend letting it refrigerate at least a few hours before serving.