- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, undrained
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, chilies and peppers. Cook, covered, on low 3-3-1/2 hours or until heated through. Stir before serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 24 servings (1/4 cup each).
Reviews forJalapeno Popper & Sausage Dip
"Great recipe I've made it several times and everyone is always happy. We like it best served with mini sweet bell peppers and I have had no trouble switching to reduced fat ingredients (reduced fat cream cheeese, light sour cream and hot turkey sausage).It does make a lot, so when we have leftovers, I use it as the filling for chicken rolls ups, dip in egg and top with panko. I bake at 375 for about 45 min. So good!"
"Very good and easy to make! Just used some locally made hot Italian sausage and I too used reduced fat cream cheese and lite sour cream and it turned out great."
"Drool worthy is my rating! I like lower calories if possible, so i used chicken italian sausage, 1/3 the fat cream cheese, and light sour cream, and it was absolutely declicious! It has a kick to it but isnt overwhelmingly spicy."
"I wasn't able to click 5 stars there is something wrong with the stars in the rating system, but this recipe is a 6. I took it to a family party and everyone loved it, they kept going to it throughout the day. Due to time constraints I wasn't able to cook the dip in the crock pot, instead I cooked it one minute at a time on high in a microwave safe glass bowl. When the dip got heated through I transferred it to a warm crockpot to keep it hot. The longer it cooked the better it got. I didn't use use spicy sausage I used regular Jimmy Dean's and I only added 2/3 of the 4oz. jalape?o can and after it cooked for a few hours it was very spicy, but I loved it that way and so did my family. I also served it with Fritos and Stacy's everything bagel bites. Yummy"
"This is an extra good recipe, you will like it a LOT!"
"Boy was this a hit over the holidays - everyone LOVED it! I made it just as is and it's perfect and so easy! Already planning to make it for the Superbowl party coming up! Thank you for a great recipe!!"
"My new favorite dip recipe. Thank you B. Slabik for sharing. Used regular ground sausage that I had on hand (not the Hot). So easy to prepare. I served with Sea Salt Pita Chips. Just excellent!"
"I've made this before without the sausage, but this is so much better. I used regular italian sausage and served it with a baguette."
"I made this for a Super Bowl Party......cooked it in the oven for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees. AWESOME!"