Jalapeno-Peach Pork Chops
These pork chops are perfect for a summer dinner party. They're beautiful and easy, and they have a lot of flavors. I recommend using bone-in pork chops. —Clark Castle, New Orleans, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pepper jelly
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; cook chops until a thermometer reads 145°, 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add peaches, pepper jelly and, if desired, jalapeno to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until peaches are softened, 2-3 minutes. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/4 cup peach mixture: 345 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Peach-Pepper Jelly Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017