Jalapeno Grilled Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 45 min.
- 4 to 8 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped or 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 to 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a small bowl, combine the peppers, 1/3 cup lemon juice, parsley, garlic, rosemary and thyme. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the chicken breasts; gently stuff pepper mixture under the skin of each chicken breast.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the broth, pepper, lemon zest and remaining lemon juice; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken skin side up on grill. Place chicken skin side up on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes. Turn and grill 12-14 minutes longer until a thermometer reads 170°.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2012
I used half lime juice, and since I'm the only heat lover, I split the mixture so that one bowl had jalapenos and one didn't. I marked the hot ones with toothpicks so I could keep track of them.
Jan 28, 2008
Flavor was good but the chicken itself was dry.