Jalapeno Grilled Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 45 min.
- 4 to 8 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped or 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 to 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a small bowl, combine the peppers, 1/3 cup lemon juice, parsley, garlic, rosemary and thyme. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the chicken breasts; gently stuff pepper mixture under the skin of each chicken breast.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the broth, pepper, lemon zest and remaining lemon juice; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken skin side up on grill. Place chicken skin side up on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes. Turn and grill 12-14 minutes longer until a thermometer reads 170°.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Jun 11, 2012
I used half lime juice, and since I'm the only heat lover, I split the mixture so that one bowl had jalapenos and one didn't. I marked the hot ones with toothpicks so I could keep track of them.
Jan 28, 2008
Flavor was good but the chicken itself was dry.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.