Jalapeno-Glazed Pork Medallions
In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Kathleen Smith relies on a spicy meal to shake up weekday menus. Her easy jalapeno sauce perfectly complements savory pork. “For something different, serve the medallions with Asian rice noodles,” she suggests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Combine the garlic powder, pepper flakes and cumin; sprinkle over pork. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the jalapeno jelly, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pork juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 296 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pepper-Glazed Pork Medallions in Light & Tasty February/March 2006