- 1 cup warm fat-free milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- In a small bowl, combine the jalapenos and garlic; set aside. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half.
- For each loaf, roll one portion of dough into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup jalapeno mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place in a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and jalapeno mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews forJalapeno Garlic Bread
"A big hit with the family! I didn't find it spicy at all, considering the amount of jalapenos included. Next time I may add more garlic and be a bit more generous with the butter on the inside."
"I just made this bread today and it is delicious! I just cut into it a few minutes ago and have already polished off 2 slices. It was easy to make and I love the swirl design you get from rolling it up. I added some cheddar cheese inside with the jalapeno mixture. It would be fun to also make a cinnamon swirl bread with this recipe as well : ) YUM!"