Set this appetizer dip out for a football game, birthday party or even for an elegant holiday get-together. It's so worth the effort to make! —Erin Conner, Riverside, California
Recommended: 25 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes for Worry-Free Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large oven-proof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add corn, salt and pepper; cook and stir until corn is golden brown. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender. Add green onions, fresh jalapeno and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine crab, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, pickled jalapenos, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce; stir in corn and onion mixture. Transfer to same skillet or a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve with chips. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Jalapeno Crab Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews forJalapeno Crab Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2014
"Just the right amount of heat! I skipped the corn. Nice with veggies to dip."