Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, butter and cilantro; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the corn, red pepper and jalapenos.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 136 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 4, 2009
Recipe on the Albers Yellow Corn Meal box.
May 2, 2009
reachthesummit...would also like the Jalepeno Corn Muffins recipe. My email [email protected] alot
Apr 30, 2009
I wish I had the recipe for Corn Muffins left by reachthesummit. If you'd like to share...my email is [email protected]
Apr 30, 2009
I make a similar recipe with convenience items: jiffy corn muffin mix combined with a jiffy yellow cake mix, can cream corn, grn chilies and shredded cheddar cheese....just as good and less measuring!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.