Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, butter and cilantro; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the corn, red pepper and jalapenos.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 136 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 4, 2009
Recipe on the Albers Yellow Corn Meal box.
May 2, 2009
reachthesummit...would also like the Jalepeno Corn Muffins recipe. My email [email protected] alot
Apr 30, 2009
I wish I had the recipe for Corn Muffins left by reachthesummit. If you'd like to share...my email is [email protected]
Apr 30, 2009
I make a similar recipe with convenience items: jiffy corn muffin mix combined with a jiffy yellow cake mix, can cream corn, grn chilies and shredded cheddar cheese....just as good and less measuring!