Jalapeno Chicken Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced into rings
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with tomato mixture. Top with chicken, cheese and jalapenos.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 262 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Oct 10, 2008
This is utterly amazing. The sauce truly makes it, and I have made this pizza many times since the first taste. It's incredible! Delicious, light, and very tasty. You can adjust the heat by using more or less chipotles in the sauce or omitting the jalapenos. This is by far one of my favorites recipes ever.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.