"Grilled cheese sandwiches are especially good made with moist slices from this pretty corn-flecked loaf," promises Lola Gangwer of Burgoon, Ohio. "For a milder chili taste, use green chilies in place of the jalapenos."
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos or green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
Originally published as Jalapeno Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p33
Reviews forJalapeno Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2017
"This bread taste wonderful!!"
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"This is excellent - one of our sons tried it and stole the recipe! - Had to get on your website to print another copy!!!"