VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, beans and jalapeno peppers. Bring to a boil. Add salt and cayenne. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno Bean Dip in Country Extra January 2004, p51
Reviews forJalapeno Bean Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review