Pie isn't just for dessert anymore. Stacking thinly sliced potatoes with layers of minced jalapenos and crumbled cotija cheese helps turn ordinary potatoes into something truly spectacular...especially when served with salsa and sour cream. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled cotija cheese or crumbled feta cheese
- Salsa and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment paper. Remove the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and place the round outer edge in the middle of the parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes evenly within the springform ring. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the jalapenos and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes and jalapenos.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before removing ring. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeño & Cotija Cheese Potato Stack Pie in Taste of Home Summer 2018