VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 18 lollipop sticks
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Styrofoam block, optional
- Black decorating gel
- Prepare and bake cake mix batter according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. In a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Stir in frosting until blended. Add to cake crumbs; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one tip of lollipop sticks in coating; insert into balls. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. If desired, insert pops into Styrofoam to keep upright. Refrigerate until set. Decorate as desired with decorating gel. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Jack Skellington Pops in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p82